Record Last Week: 4-3 (24 RS, 23 RA)
Season Record: 54-50 (418 RS, 441 RA, 49-55 pythag. record) 4.0 GB in ALE, 1.0 GB of WC
Opponents This Week: @ Rangers (three games, Mon. to Weds.), Thurs. OFF, @ Red Sox (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with four games against the last place Rangers. Texas took the series opener but the Yankees rebounded to walk-off with a win the next day. They won a rain-shortened game on Wednesday and won the series finale the following afternoon.
- The Blue Jays came to town for a three-game series next, and the Yankees took the opener thanks to the long ball and their bullpen. The Jays snapped their 17-game losing streak at Yankee Stadium the next day before winning yesterday’s game as well.
- Injury Updates: Masahiro Tanaka (elbow) still feels some discomfort. Michael Pineda (shoulder) has started facing hitters. Mark Teixeira (lat) took swings and grounders yesterday. Joe Girardi hopes he can return to the lineup tomorrow. Carlos Beltran (elbow) has started a new throwing program. Kelly Johnson (groin) was placed on the disabled list.
- The Yankees acquired Chase Headley (and cash!) from the Padres for Yangervis Solarte and Rafael DePaula, addressing their third base problem. They also acquired Chris Capuano from the Rockies.
- With the trade deadline only a few days away, the Yankees have discussed John Danks but do not have interest in Matt Kemp. Both the White Sox and Rockies are keeping an eye on Frankie Cervelli.
- Chris Leroux and Bruce Billings were both on the roster and designated for assignment at various points this week. Capuano stepped right in the rotation.
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo held a showcase in Miami and the Yankees were among the teams in attendance.
- Joe Torre was officially inducted into the Hall of Fame.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.