2011 Record: 97-65 (855 RS, 657 RA, 102-60 pythag. record), won AL East, lost to Tigers in ALDS
Top stories from last week:
- The Michael Pineda/Jose Campos trade, Hiroki Kuroda signing, and Andruw Jones signing were all made official. Kuroda’s contract includes a full no-trade clause. Kevin Whelan was designated for assignment to make room on the roster for the right-hander.
- The Yankees avoided arbitration with Russell Martin ($7.5M) and Boone Logan ($1.875M). All six of the team’s arbitration-eligible players are now under contract for 2012.
- Brian Cashman said that free agents would be “secondary” in their pursuit of a DH, though the team has interest in Raul Ibanez. One player they definitely won’t be getting is Prince Fielder, who signed with the Tigers for nine years and $214M.
- Cuban outfielder Yoenis Cespedes has been declared a free agent and can now sign with any team. The Yankees have interest in 18-year-old Cuban left-hander Gerardo Concepcion.
- Jorge Posada’s retirement became official at Tuesday’s press conference.
- Kim Jones will not be back with the YES Network in 2012.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.