Record Last Week: 6-1 (33 RS, 23 RA)
Season Record: 76-66 (605 RS, 612 RA, 70-72 pythag. record), 2.0 GB of postseason spot
Opponents This Week: vs. Dodgers (three games, Mon. to Weds.), @ Red Sox (four games, Thurs. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with three games against the Blue Jays. The Yankees held on for a 5-3 win Monday, then survived a nearly catastrophic ninth inning meltdown in Tuesday’s 7-6 win. They finished off the sweep with a 2-0 win Wednesday.
- The Rays came to the Bronx for a four-game series next. Tyler Austin‘s walk-off home run gave the Yankees a 5-4 win Thursday, and three rain delays were unable to stop them in Friday’s 7-5 win. Masahiro Tanaka dominated in Saturday’s 5-1 win. The seven-game winning streak game to an end with yesterday’s 4-2 loss.
- Injury Update: Greg Bird (shoulder) will face live pitching in Instructional League. Chad Green (elbow) does not need Tommy John surgery. He only needs to rehab his flexor tendon strain. Anthony Swarzak (shoulder) has resumed throwing.
- Richard Bleier, Bryan Mitchell, and James Pazos were all called up this week. The Yankees will not pursue outfield help this offseason.
- Dillon Tate and J.P. Feyereisen are both heading to the Arizona Fall League. Alex Rodriguez is expected to work with minor leaguers at Instructional League.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab on the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.