Some notes before we get to the day’s postseason action:
- The Yankees and the Charleston River Dogs have extended their player development contract through 2020, they announced earlier today. Here’s the press release. Charleston, which has been a Yankees’ affiliate since 2005, set a new franchise attendance record this year.
- C Gary Sanchez was named to MLB.com’s Prospect Team of the Year, so congrats to him. He did that despite playing only 71 Triple-A games due to a broken thumb and an early-August call-up.
- Three Yankees appeared in today’s Prospect Report: 1B Tyler Austin, OF Rashad Crawford, and OF Dustin Fowler. Crawford was the fourth piece in the Aroldis Chapman trade and he’s been red hot for a month now.
- High-A Tampa announced a series of roster moves prior to the start of the Florida State League Championship Series tonight. LHP Justin Kamplain, RHP Alex Bisacca, and RHP Luis Cedeno were added to the roster. RHP Gabe Encinas, RHP Chase Hodson, and OF Devyn Bolasky were dropped.
Triple-A Scranton (11-3 win over Lehigh Valley) they swept the best-of-five series and outscored Lehigh Valley 21-3 in the three games … they’ll play either Gwinnett or Columbus in the best-of-five International League Championship Series starting next week … Gwinnett is up two games to one in their series against Columbus
- CF Mason Williams: 2-3, 1 R, 1 K, 1 HBP — left the game in the seventh, two innings after the hit-by-pitch … hopefully it was precautionary with the huge lead and not an actual injury
- LF Clint Frazier: 0-3, 2 R, 1 BB, 1 K
- 3B Donovan Solano: 2-5, 2 R, 1 2B, 1 RBI — he went 6-for-14 (.429) in the three games
- 1B Chris Parmelee: 2-5, 1 R, 1 R, 1 2B, 1 RBI, 1 K, 1 SB
- DH Cesar Puello: 0-5, 1 R, 1 RBI, 2 K
- RF Jake Cave: 2-4, 1 R, 1 RBI, 1 BB, 2 K — 4-for-10 in the three games
- C Kyle Higashioka: 3-4, 1 R, 1 2B, 3 RBI, 1 BB
- 2B Cito Culver: 2-5, 1 R, 1 HR, 3 RBI — look at Cito with the playoff homer
- RHP Brady Lail: 4 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 4 K, 1 HB, 6/1 GB/FB — 43 of 67 pitches were strikes (64%) … he’s had a rough go of it in Triple-A, so they took four good innings and ran with it
- LHP Tyler Webb: 1 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 1 K, 3/1 GB/FB — 47 of 80 pitches were strikes (59%)
- RHP Gio Gallegos: 3 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 5 K, 3/1 GB/FB — 25 of 35 pitches were strikes (71%)