Record Last Week: 5-2 (35 RS, 24 RA)
Season Record: 31-32 (247 RS, 267 RA, 29-34 pythag. record)
Opponents This Week: Mon. OFF, @ Rockies (two games, Tues. and Weds.), @ Twins (four games, Thurs. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with four games against the Angels. The Yankees homered their way to 5-2 win Monday, then they capitalized on some mistakes in Tuesday’s 6-3 win. They blew the Halos out 12-6 on Wednesday, and then the Yankees finished the sweep with a 6-3 win Thursday.
- The Tigers came to the Bronx next, and CC Sabathia continued his renaissance in Friday’s 4-0 win. They dropped Saturday’s game 6-1, then were shut down by Michael Fulmer in Sunday’s 4-1 loss.
- Injury Updates: Mark Teixeira (knee) will attempt to rehab his injury and avoid surgery. Chris Parmelee (hamstring) has a Grade I strain and will miss a month. Chasen Shreve (shoulder) started a minor league rehab assignment. Gary Sanchez (thumb) has returned to action in Triple-A. Phil Coke (ankle) and James Pazos (unknown) landed on the minor league DL.
- Given all their first base injuries, the Yankees signed Ike Davis to a Major League contract and will add him to the roster tomorrow. Chad Green, Anthony Swarzak, and Luis Cessa and were among those to go up and down this week. Tyler Olson was designated for assignment.
- The Giants are mulling over a run at Andrew Miller, and the Nationals are hoping the Yankees make both Miller and Aroldis Chapman available. The Cubs won’t trade Kyle Schwarber for Miller.
- The Yankees selected California HS OF Blake Rutherford with their first round pick in the 2016 draft. Here are our Day One, Day Two, and Day Three draft reviews.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via Features tab in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.