- Jacoby Ellsbury (wrist) was re-evaluated today. The tentative plan right now has him returning to the lineup Thursday. “It has felt better the last few days. I’m happy it was nothing worse. Fortunate,” he said. [Bryan Hoch, Chad Jennings]
- Nathan Eovaldi threw four innings and 60 pitches in a minor league game. He said his splitter feels better and has more movement this year. CC Sabathia, Bryan Mitchell, and Ivan Nova threw bullpens, and Chasen Shreve and Kirby Yates threw simulated games. [Brendan Kuty, Jennings]
- Brendan Kuty posted the day’s minor league lineups. Ian Clarkin pitched today, so his elbow is feeling good. Luis Torrens, who is coming off shoulder surgery, whacked an opposite field homer. J.J. Cooper has video.
- The Yankees optioned Slade Heathcott to Triple-A, the team announced. There are still 44 players in big league camp. I looked at all of them earlier this week.
- Among those scheduled for tomorrow’s road trip are Masahiro Tanaka and Brett Gardner. Tanaka’s starting and Gardner will play back-to-back games for the first time this spring. There will be MLB Network and MLB.tv broadcasts for that evening game against the Nationals. [Kuty]
This is tonight’s open thread. MLB Network is showing the Dodgers and Royals later tonight, plus the Nets are playing as well. Talk about those games, tonight’s un-watchable Yankees-Mets game, or anything else right here.