Fan Confidence Poll: November 15th, 2010By
Season Record: 95-67 (859 RS, 693 RA, 98-64 Pythag. record), finished one game back in AL East, won Wild Card, lost in ALCS
Top stories from last week:
- Brian Cashman visited top free agent target Cliff Lee at his Arkansas home last week, though it’s still unclear how far the team will go to sign him.
- The Yankees and Derek Jeter are still far apart in their negotiations, the Captain’s first free agency dance.
- Andy Pettitte indicated that if he does return in 2011, that it will be his final season. Mariano Rivera still hasn’t informed the club if he’s seeking a one or two-year deal.
- Jorge Posada had surgery to repair a torn meniscus, and was told that he will be the primary designated hitter in 2011. As a result, the Yanks have interest in John Buck, though only on a one-year deal. Jorge de la Rosa is on their radar as well, but Scott Downs isn’t because he’ll cost a draft pick. It’s not clear that he’s worth that extra cost.
- Robbie Cano, Derek Jeter, and Mark Teixeira took home the Gold Glove Award at their respective positions. Robbie Cano added a Silver Slugger as well.
- Gil Patterson interviewed for the team’s vacant pitching coach job.
- The Yankees and Mandalay Baseball Properties purchased the Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre franchise and plan to renovate PNC Field, but the Staten Island Yankees reportedly owe the city $300,000 in back payments.
- The John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman era could be coming to an end after next season.
- George Steinbrenner and Billy Martin are under consideration for the Hall of Fame as part of the Expansion Era ballot.
- Grapefruit League play starts on February 26th.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
- 10 (very confident)
- 1 (no confidence)