Fan Confidence Poll: August 15th, 2011By
Record Last Week: 3-2 (29 RS, 21 RA)
Season Record: 72-46 (632 RS, 457 RA, 77-41 pythag. record), 0.5 GB in AL East, 8.5 up for wildcard
Opponents This Week: @ Royals (three games, Mon. to Weds.), @ Twins (four games, Thurs. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- Following Monday’s off day, the Yankees opened up a three-game series with the Angels. Some stupid plays led to a loss in the opener, but Curtis Granderson and Ivan Nova got them back on track with a win the next day. Robinson Cano sank the Halos with a grand slam on Wednesday.
- The Rays came to town next, and they hit five homeruns off CC Sabathia in the opener. Jorge Posada and Phil Hughes turned back the clock in Saturday’s win, but the series finale was rained out. They’ll make it up in September.
- Injury News: Alex Rodriguez started a minor league rehab assignment, homering in his first at-bat. He did some work in a simulated game yesterday, and will play two full nine inning games in Triple-A before being activated. Sergio Mitre has a nerve issue in his shoulder. Minor leaguers Gary Sanchez and Ravel Santana are likely done for the season with hand and ankle injuries, respectively.
- The Yankees have signed Scott Proctor to a minor league deal, and they had some interest in Arthur Rhodes before he signed with the Cardinals. They did release fellow lefty J.C. Romero. It’s unlikely the Yankees will make any waiver trades this month, and they probably wouldn’t get a chance at Wandy Rodriguez anyway.
- The Yankees signed their fifth and 25th round picks to above-slot deals, but they’re unlikely to sign their 36th and 41st rounders. They did ink a 20-year-old Czech catcher.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.