Fan Confidence Poll: March 30th, 2012By
Record Last Week: 3-3 (28 RS, 28 RA)
Season Record: 12-9 (118 RS, 101 RA, 12-9 pythag. record), 1.5 games back in AL East
Opponents This Week: vs. Orioles (three games, Mon. to Weds.), @ Royals (four games, Thurs. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees opened the week in Texas for a three-game set with the Rangers. CC Sabathia and some the offense contributed to a win in the opener, but Yu Darvish shut them right down in Tuesday’s loss. The Yankees were unable to climb out of the hole dug by Phil Hughes in the finale.
- Following Thursday’s off day, the Yankees came home and took the opener from the Tigers thanks to a walk-off passed ball. Freddy Garcia got rocked again on Saturday, but Sabathia dominated in yesterday’s rubber game win.
- Injury News: Michael Pineda has an anterior labral tear and will be out for a full year. He will have surgery tomorrow. Brett Gardner swung a bat for the first time on Saturday since going on the DL and could take batting practice as soon as today. Nick Swisher will miss some time with a low-grade hamstring strain but is not expected to go on the DL. Joba Chamberlain will shed his walking boot this week and has continued to play catch.
- Andy Pettitte went 5+ innings in his latest minor league tune-up start and is scheduled to approach 100 pitches in today’s outing. Freddy was pulled from the rotation following Saturday’s game and will be replaced by David Phelps. D.J. Mitchell was called up while Cody Eppley was optioned down.
- The sale of the Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees franchise has finally been approved. Extensive renovations to PNC Field have begun and the park is expected to be ready in time for Opening Day 2013.
- The future of Yankees’ radio broadcasts could be shifting very soon.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.