Fan Confidence Poll: July 23rd, 2012By
Record Last Week: 3-4 (28 RS, 18 RA)
Season Record: 57-38 (459 RS, 383 RA, 49-39 pythag. record), 6.0 games up in AL East
Opponents This Week: @ Mariners (three games, Mon. to Weds.), Thurs. OFF, vs. Red Sox (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week opened with three games against the Blue Jays in the Bronx. Raul Ibanez won the first game with a late-inning grand slam, then CC Sabathia returned from the DL to provide a win on Tuesday. Hiroki Kuroda finished off the sweep with a rain-shortened complete game shutout in the finale.
- The Yankees headed out of Oakland to kick-off a seven-game West Coast trip following Wednesday’s win. The bats looked sluggish in the series-opening loss, then the A’s walked off with a win on Friday. Oakland squeezed out another one-run win the next day, then walked off with the sweep yesterday.
- Injury News: Brett Gardner (elbow) will have arthroscopic surgery next week and is likely to miss the rest of the season. Nick Swisher (hip strain) is day-to-day. Andy Pettitte (ankle) is recovering well so far. Manny Banuelos (elbow) is relatively close to a return but Jose Campos (elbow) will not be back this season.
- Joba Chamberlain threw a scoreless inning on Tuesday and allowed two runs in two innings on Friday in his latest minor league rehab appearances. He could return to the team before the end of July.
- D.J. Mitchell was sent to Triple-A and David Phelps was recalled prior to the West Coast trip. Darnell McDonald was designated for assignment and later outrighted to Triple-A.
- Among the outfielders the Yankees have checked in on prior to the trade deadline: Justin Upton, Shane Victorino, Denard Span, and Rick Ankiel. They are not interested in Juan Pierre however, and they’re keeping their eye on the bullpen market. The White Sox are reportedly “zeroing in” on Dellin Betances.
- The Yankees are tentatively scheduled to open next season at home against the Red Sox.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.