Fan Confidence Poll: March 6th, 2013By
Record Last Week: 3-3 (21 RS, 26 RA)
Season Record: 18-12 (133 RS, 123 RA, 16-14 pythag. record), 1.5 games back in AL East
Opponents This Week: Mon. OFF, @ Rockies (three games, Tues. to Thurs.), @ Royals (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week opened with a three-game set against the Astros, who came to the Bronx and blew the Yankees out in the first game on Monday. The team had to grind for a win on Tuesday, then they held on to take the series finale the next day.
- Following Thursday’s off-day, the Yankees were shutout by the Athletics in the opener of their three-game series. Phil Hughes dominated in Saturday’s win, but a late-inning homer sent them to a loss yesterday.
- Injury News: Alex Rodriguez (hip) has been cleared to begin baseball activities. Michael Pineda (shoulder) is throwing in the mid-90s during Extended Spring Training games. Curtis Granderson (forearm) has started playing in Extended Spring Training games. Mark Teixeira (wrist) has started taking batting practice. Kevin Youkilis (back) and Joba Chamberlain (oblique) were placed on the DL while David Robertson (hamstring) and Eduardo Nunez (rib cage) are day-to-day. Ivan Nova (triceps) feels no pain and has started playing catch. Jose Campos confirmed he missed most of last year with a small fracture in his elbow.
- The Yankees are looking for a right-handed bat. They acquired infielder Chris Nelson from the Rockies in a minor trade, but he doesn’t satisfy their needs against left-handed pitchers. Nelson replace Corban Joseph on the roster, who was optioned back to Triple-A after being called up when Youkilis was placed on the DL.
- Cody Eppley was designated for assignment to clear room on the roster for Preston Claiborne, who was called up to take Joba’s spot on the roster. Eppley has since been outrighted to Triple-A.
- Chien-Ming Wang did not exercise the first opt-out clause in his contract. He has four more opt-out dates coming.
- Robinson Cano confirmed his new agents have yet to talk to the Yankees about a new contract.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.