Record Last Week: 6-1 (29 RS, 18 RA)
Season Record: 37-26 (252 RS, 236 RA, 34-29 pythag. record), 1.5 games back in AL East
Opponents This Week: Mon. OFF, @ Athletics (three games, Tues. to Thurs.), @ Angels (three games, Fri. to Sun..)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with three games against the Indians, and Mark Teixeira‘s grand slam gave them a much-needed win in the opener. They took the second game thanks to a big inning, then CC Sabathia threw a complete-game to finish off the sweep.
- The Yankees traveled to the West Coast next, taking the series opener against the Mariners on Thursday. They couldn’t hit Jeremy Bonderman in the second game, but Andy Pettitte led them to a win the next day. Chris Stewart‘s ninth inning hit gave the Bombers three wins in four games at Seattle.
- Injury News: Michael Pineda (shoulder) hit 95 mph during his first minor league rehab start on Sunday. Kevin Youkilis (back) is day-to-day. Eduardo Nunez (ribcage) has begun doing rotational work. Both Vidal Nuno (groin) and Brennan Boesch (shoulder) were placed on the Triple-A DL.
- Chien-Ming Wang opted out of his minor league contract and signed with the Blue Jays. The Yankees are included in Cliff Lee-s no-trade list. They released Ben Francisco, Clay Rapada, and Cody Eppley.
- The Yankees used their three first round draft picks on Notre Dame 3B Eric Jagielo, Fresno State OF Aaron Judge, and California HS LHP Ian Clarkin.
- Anthony Bosch tried to extort Alex Rodriguez before agreeing to cooperate with MLB and their Biogenesis investigation. A-Rod is one of 20 players the league is looking to suspend.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
- 10 (very confident)
- 1 (no confidence)