Record Last Week: 4-3 (50 RS, 47 RA)
Season Record: 76-67 (592 RS, 594 RA, 71-72 pythag. record), 10.0 GB ALE/2.5 GB WC
Opponents This Week: @ Orioles (four games, Mon. to Thurs.), @ Red Sox (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with three games against the last place White Sox. The Yankees blew them out on Labor Day before mounting a late comeback for a win the next day. They survived a late rally to complete the sweep.
- The Red Sox came to town for a four-game weekend set starting Thursday, and they took the opener following the Yankees’ big comeback. The bullpen blew up on both Friday and Saturday before New York managed a walk-off win yesterday.
- Injury Updates: Derek Jeter (ankle) is day-to-day with more lingering soreness. David Robertson (shoulder) is day-to-day with tendinitis. Boone Logan (biceps, elbow) received a cortisone shot and hopes to be available by Friday. Shawn Kelley (triceps) dealt with some inflammation has since returned to the bullpen. David Phelps (forearm) has started playing catch. Kevin Youkilis (back) is hitting off a tee and soft toss. Chris Stewart (foot) went for x-rays after being hit by a pitch. Michael Pineda (shoulder) is still just throwing bullpens. Zoilo Almonte (ankle) has started a minor league rehab assignment.
- Phil Hughes was moved into the bullpen with David Huff taking his spot in the rotation. The Yankees called up both Matt Daley and Jim Miller to help the bullpen. Corban Joseph and Vidal Nuno were placed on the 60-day DL to clear 40-man roster spots.
- Joe Girardi may ask Mariano Rivera to reconsider retirement.
- Alex Rodriguez’s appeal hearing will begin on September 30th.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.