Got some notes and links to pass along, including several promotions that have been announced by the affiliates. These are all a big chain reaction to the recent trades opening up roster spots:
- 2B Nick Solak and OF Jeff Hendrix have been promoted from High-A Tampa to Double-A Trenton. OF Estevan Florial and SS Hoy Jun Park have been promoted from Low-A Charleston to High-A Tampa. 3B Dermis Garcia and OF Steven Sensley have been promoted from Rookie Pulaski to Low-A Charleston. Got all that?
- OF Jake Cave was named the Triple-A International League Player of the Month (PDF link). He hit .390/.439/.667 (206 wRC+) with seven homers in 26 games in July. Cave will be a minor league free agent after the season. Curious to see what happens with him.
- Both MLB.com and FanGraphs ranked the prospects traded prior to the deadline. Four of the top ten on both lists are former Yankees farmhands. The Yankees definitely traded away some high-end talent these last few weeks.
Triple-A Scranton (5-1 win over Buffalo)
- CF Mason Williams: 1-3, 1 R, 2 BB, 1 K, 1 SB
- RF Jake Cave: 2-3, 2 R, 1 BB — hitting streak is up to 16 games
- LF Billy McKinney: 1-4, 1 R, 1 HR, 3 RBI, 1 K — third homer in his last four games … my guess is he winds up on the 40-man roster after the season … I think the Yankees would have traded him at the deadline if they had no intention of protecting him from the Rule 5 Draft
- RHP Chance Adams: 6 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 4 BB, 3 K, 1 HB, 5/8 GB/FB — 65 of 101 pitches were strikes (64%) … third time in his last four starts he’s had more walks than strikeouts
- RHP J.P. Feyereisen: 2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K, 1/2 GB/FB — 18 of 29 pitches were strikes (62%)
- RHP Ben Heller: 1 IP, zeroes, 2 K, 1/0 GB/FB — seven of 12 pitches were strikes … 58/17 K/BB in 43 innings down here