Here are the day’s notes:
- RHP Chance Adams was included in the Helium Watch section of this week’s Prospect Hot Sheet. Interestingly enough, the write-up says his changeup is more advanced than his slider, which is pretty much the exact opposite of everything I’ve read since he was drafted last year. Weird.
- RHP Jordan Foley was promoted to Double-A Trenton and LHP Nestor Cortes has been promoted to High-A Tampa, according to Josh Norris. They’ve both had very nice years. Foley, the team’s fifth round pick two years ago, is a full-time reliever now.
- Reggie Jackson is joining the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders ownership group, reports Shane Hennigan. He’ll be part of the ownership group and serve as a special advisor to the club. So that’s two celebrity owners in the system. Bill Murray owns part the Charleston RiverDogs.
- Here’s a good story on the Pulaski franchise by Benjamin Hill. Two years ago the ballpark was run down and attendance was terrible, which led to the Mariners ending their affiliation. A new owner came in, renovated the park, hooked up with the Yankees, and now the franchise is the crown jewel of the Appalachian League.
Triple-A Scranton (6-5 win over Durham in ten innings)
- CF Mason Williams: 3-5, 2 R, 1 RBI, 1 K, 1 SB — 18-for-44 (.409) in his last eleven games
- LF Ben Gamel: 1-4, 1 R, 1 RBI, 2 BB, 2 SB — walk-off single
- C Gary Sanchez: 0-3, 1 RBI, 2 BB — picked a runner off second with a snap throw
- 1B Ike Davis: 1-4, 1 RBI, 1 BB, 1 K
- DH Tyler Austin: 1-4, 1 BB, 3 K
- RHP Brady Lail: 4.2 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 3 K, 1 WP, 5/2 GB/FB — 43 of 70 pitches were strikes (61%)
- LHP Phil Coke: 1 IP, 4 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 1 K, 2/0 GB/FB — 17 of 29 pitches were strikes (58%)
- RHP Gio Gallegos: 2.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K, 1 WP, 1 Balk, 0/3 GB/FB — 30 of 44 pitches were strikes (68%) … 71/13 K/BB in 55.1 innings
- RHP Nick Goody: 1 IP, zeroes, 2 K, 0/1 GB/FB — seven of 13 pitches were strikes (54%)