Record Last Week: 3-3 (27 RS, 28 RA)
Season Record: 5-4 (50 RS, 47 RA, 5-4 pythag. record), 1.0 game back
Opponents This Week: Monday OFF, vs. Orioles (three games, Tues. to Thurs.), vs. Rangers (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- With Minnesota in town to begin the week, the Yankees took advantage and won Monday’s game. The first bullpen meltdown of the year was followed by the first rain out of the year, but the Yankees took the rubber game behind A.J. Burnett and the bullpen on Thursday. They took advantage of the postponed game to skip Freddy Garcia in the rotation.
- The Yankees headed up to Fenway Park for their first road series of the year, but dropped the first game on Friday because Phil Hughes once again had nothing. They rebounded with a win on Saturday, but Josh Beckett shut them right down in the rubber game last night.
- Injury Zone: Pedro Feliciano’s time table was pushed back a week, and Frankie Cervelli probably won’t be back until early-May.
- Soriano apologized after skipping out on reporters following Tuesday’s meltdown, and he isn’t worried about his missing velocity.
- The Yankees added Carlos Silva to their inventory of scrap heap minor league pick-ups.
- Gary Sanchez kicked off the minor league season by homering on Opening Day. Manny Banuelos was away from the Double-A squad to attend to some family issues.
- DirecTV and the YES Network came to terms on a new deal. Yankee Stadium attendance is down in the early goings.
- We announced our 2011 Pledge Drive, and also asked you to take a quick (and anonymous) survey.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.