Record Last Week: 3-3 (28 RS, 30 RA)
Season Record: 43-28 (337 RS, 283 RA, 42-29 pythag. record), 2.5 games up in AL East
Opponents This Week: vs. Indians (three games, Mon. to Weds.), vs. White Sox (four games, Thurs. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week opened with a three-game set against the Braves in the Bronx, and CC Sabathia extended the winning streak to ten games with a complete game. The Braves eked out a win to end the streak on Tuesday, then they won a homer-filled contest on Wednesday to take the series.
- The CitiField portion of the Subway Series opened with a loss after Andy Pettitte put the Yankees in an early hole, but Raul Ibanez and Eric Chavez got the Bombers back into the win column on Saturday. Robinson Cano’s late homer gave his team the series win yesterday.
- Injury News: David Aardsma (elbow) made a pair of minor league rehab appearances. Pedro Feliciano (shoulder) will throw off a mound today. Michael Pineda (shoulder) is expected to start throwing in September. Russell Martin (stiff back) left Saturday’s game and is day-to-day. Minor leaguer Jake Cave (knee) is likely to miss the rest of the season.
- The Yankees signed 18-year-old Cuban left-hander Omar Luis Rodriguez for $4M. Cuban outfielder Yasel Puig defected and hopes to be declared a free agent soon. The Yankees bid $25-30M for Jorge Soler before he signed with the Cubs.
- Talks about contract extensions with Robinson Cano and Curtis Granderson have not started but Brian Cashman said he wants to keep both long-term.
- The Yankees have scouted Wandy Rodriguez and also signed right-handed reliever Jon Meloan to a minor league contract.
- Outfielder Tyler Austin will be the Yankees’ lone representative at the Futures Game next month.
- Among the draft picks that signed last week: second rounder Pete O’Brien (unknown bonus), third rounder Nate Mikolas ($400k), and 18th rounder Brady Lail ($225k).
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.