Fan Confidence Poll: April 8th, 2013By
Record Last Week: 2-4 (24 RS, 33 RA)
Season Record: 2-4 (24 RS, 33 RA, 2-4 pythag. record), 2.0 games back in AL East
Opponents This Week: @ Indians (four games, Mon. to Thurs.), vs. Orioles (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The regular season finally got underway, but the Red Sox spoiled the Opening Day by beating CC Sabathia on Monday. Boston took the second game of the year following an off-day before Andy Pettitte and Mariano Rivera gave the Yankees their first win of 2013 on Thursday.
- The Yankees traveled to Detroit for a three-game weekend series, but both Ivan Nova and the bullpen got smacked around in Friday’s loss. Phil Hughes was activated off the DL and returned in Saturday’s game, but again the pitching was not good enough. Sabathia carried the team to a much-needed win yesterday.
- Injury News: Derek Jeter (ankle) started taking ground balls and hitting off a tee over the weekend. Mark Teixeira (wrist) was given the okay to remove his brace. Hiroki Kuroda (finger) is scheduled to make his next start after getting hit by a line drive. Eduardo Nunez (biceps) is day-to-day after being hit by a pitch. Ty Hensley (hip) will miss 2-3 months after having surgery.
- Robinson Cano fired Scott Boras and hired CAA Sports and Jay-Z’s new Roc Nation Sports agency. It’s unclear how (or if) the change will impact extension talks, but you have to think hiring Jay-Z increases the likelihood Cano will remain in New York.
- The Yankees officially released both David Aardsma and Clay Rapada, who were removed from the 40-man roster before the season. They never discussed Joba Chamberlain in a trade with the Rangers. Cody Eppley was optioned to Triple-A to clear room on the roster for Hughes.
- The Yankees set an all-time record with a $230.4M Opening Day payroll. Their draft pool will be worth a touch less than $8M this summer.
- Right-hander Rafael DePaula struck out 11 in his long-awaited U.S. debut as the minor league season got underway.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
- 10 (very confident)
- 1 (no confidence)