Notes from Tampa…
- The Yankees are playing the Rays this evening, but the game is not being televised. Brett Gardner is leading off with Derek Jeter hitting second, Nick Swisher hitting sixth, Curtis Granderson eighth, and Jesus Montero ninth. Phil Hughes is on the bump, and Pat Venditte is scheduled to pitch at some point. (Yankees PR Dept. & Jim Baumbach)
- Boone Logan had been shut down for a while with slight elbow fatigue, but he’s scheduled to pitch against the Rays tonight. He did look kinda crappy early on, throwing mostly 87-89 from what I saw on television, so hopefully this explains it. (Chad Jennings)
- Joba Chamberlain threw off flat ground as expected. There’s still no word about what’s next for him following that oblique issue. (Brian Costello)
- Rafael Soriano received permission to skip last night’s game so he wouldn’t have to face a division rival, and instead threw in a minor league game this afternoon. (Marc Carig & Wally Matthews)
- Russell Martin‘s surgically repaired knee feels fine, and is well enough that he stopped wearing that light-weight brace he’d been using earlier in camp. (Carig)
- Austin Romine left camp to attend to a personal matter and should be back by Saturday. Hopefully everything is okay. (Dan Barbarisi)
Here’s your open thread. The Nats-Braves game is airing on MLB Network, though the Devils, Knicks, and Nets are playing meaningful games on various other networks. Feel free to talk about whatever your heart desires, just don’t be a dick.