Fan Confidence Poll: June 28th, 2010By
Record Last Week: 4-2 (33 RS, 34 RA)
Season Record: 47-28 (409 RS, 309 RA, 48-27 Pythag. record), two games up
Schedule This Week: Monday OFF, vs. Mariners (three games, Tues. to Thurs.), vs. Blue Jays (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- After their cross country flight, the Yankees were rudely welcomed to Arizona when the Diamondbacks played homerun derby with A.J. Burnett. The Yanks returned the favor the next night, then finished off an ugly series win when Mariano Rivera pitched out of a huge jam.
- Up next? A date with Joe Torre and the Dodgers. The final interleague series of 2010 started with Alex Rodriguez and CC Sabathia combining to beat L.A., but Burnett got smacked around again on Saturday. A dramatic comeback gave the Yankees the series win yesterday.
- The Yankees used Thursday’s off day to skip Phil Hughes‘ spot in the rotation as part of the plan to control his innings.
- Injury Zone: Brett Gardner left Sunday’s game with a bruised right forearm after getting hit by a pitch. Colin Curtis was recalled to deepen the Yanks’ bench during interleague play.
- Austin Romine and Hector Noesi will represent the Yankees at the Futures Game. Andrew Brackman has been promoted to Double-A Trenton.
- Pitching coach Dave Eiland will return from his personal leave of absence on Tuesday.
- The Mariners have been scouting the Yanks’ farm system, but the Yankees aren’t focusing on Cliff Lee right now.
- Derek Jeter was named USA WEEKEND’s 2010 Most Caring Athlete.
- Parks have begun opening in the Bronx in the wake of the New Yankee Stadium.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.