Fan Confidence Poll: July 5th, 2010By
Record Last Week: 3-3 (27 RS, 31 RA)
Season Record: 50-31 (436 RS, 340 RA, 50-31 Pythag. record), 1.5 games up
Schedule This Week: @ Athletics (Mon. to Weds.), @ Mariners (four games, Thurs. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- After enjoying an off day following their West Coast trip, the Yankees returned home only to get shut down on back-to-back nights by Cliff Lee and Felix Hernandez. A late Alex Rodriguez homer helped the team avoid the sweep on Thursday.
- The Blue Jays came to town for the first time over the weekend, but the Yanks’ scuffling offense couldn’t do anything in the opener. Thankfully things turned around on Saturday thanks to a Brett Gardner grand slam, and Marcus Thames walked off with the series win yesterday.
- Injury Zone: Gardner was day-to-day with a forearm contusion, but he’s fine now. Sergio Mitre, Al Aceves, and Nick Johnson are all slowly working their way back from various ailments. Thames was activated off the disabled list, replacing Chad Huffman on the roster. Jorge Posada is day-to-day with a sprained left ring finger.
- Derek Jeter and Robbie Cano will be the AL’s starting middle infield at next week’s All Star Game. CC Sabathia, Phil Hughes, Mariano Rivera, and A-Rod also made the squad. Nick Swisher is on the Final Vote Ballot.
- One of the best GM prospects in the game, Yanks’ scouting director Damon Oppenheimer will get serious consideration for the Diamondbacks’ suddenly available GM job.
- Dustin Moseley was added to the big league roster before he could exercise his opt out clause.
- The Yanks are looking to improve their bench, and have shown interest in Ty Wigginton.
- The outfield at the Stadium is a mess after last month’s boxing match.
- You can now buy tickets right on RAB.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.