Record Last Week: 3-4 (31 RS, 36 RA)
Season Record: 40-41 (335 RS, 365 RA, 37-44 pythag. record)
Opponents This Week: @ White Sox (three games, Mon. to Weds.), @ Indians (four games, Thurs. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week opened with four games at home against the first place Rangers. The Yankees dropped the first game 9-6 after a long ninth inning rain delay. The suffered a 7-1 loss Tuesday, but were able to mount a big comeback in Wednesday’s 9-7 walk-off win. Another walk-off win followed Thursday. The final score was 2-1.
- The Yankees headed to San Diego next, and they dropped the opener 7-6. Andrew Miller served up a walk-off homer in Saturday’s 2-1 loss, then the Yankees rebounded with a 6-3 win Sunday.
- Injury Report: Carlos Beltran (hamstring) is day-to-day. Conor Mullee (hand) was placed on the DL. James Kaprielian (elbow) has a flexor tendon strain.
- The Marlins had interest in Aroldis Chapman, but the Yankees wanted big leaguers in return. New York is looking to trade for a starter while the Cubs continue to scout their big three relievers.
- First round pick Blake Rutherford signed for an over-slot $3.282M bonus. Gary Sanchez and Jorge Mateo will represent the Yankees at the 2016 Futures Game.
- The Yankees are holding a 1996 Yankees 20th anniversary reunion on August 13th.
- The team has a new partnership with StubHub.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab on the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.