2014 Record: 84-78 (633 RS, 664 RA, 77-85 pythag. record), did not qualify for postseason
Top stories from last week:
- As expected, David Robertson declined the $15.3M qualifying offer before Monday’s deadline. He is said to be seeking “Papelbon money.” Brian Cashman met with Robertson’s representatives at the GM Meetings earlier this week.
- The Yankees traded Francisco Cervelli to the Pirates for lefty reliever Justin Wilson. They also signed left-hander Jose DePaula to a one-year Major League contract. Wilson will be in the bullpen mix but DePaula might be a depth starter for Triple-A.
- Injury Updates: Tyler Austin (knee) suffered a bone bruise in an outfield collision and will rest 2-3 weeks.
- The Yankees have asked the Angels about Howie Kendrick. Cuban infielder Yoan Moncada was declared a free agent by MLB but must still be unblocked by the Office of Foreign Assets Control before he can sign. The Yankees do not have interest in free agent Japanese shortstop Takashi Toritani.
- Dellin Betances finished third in Rookie of the Year voting and Masahiro Tanaka finished fifth. Joe Girardi finished sixth in the Manager of the Year voting. No Yankees received Cy Young or MVP votes.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
Given the team's current roster construction, farm system, management, etc., how confident are you in the Yankees' overall future?