Record Last Week: 3-3 (22 RS, 22 RA)
Season Record: 24-25 (190 RS, 209 RA, 22-27 pythag. record)
Opponents This Week: @ Blue Jays (three games, Mon. to Weds.), @ Tigers (one game, Thurs.), @ Orioles (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- Following Monday’s off-day, the Yankees had a quick three-game homestand with the Blue Jays. They won Tuesday’s game 6-0 to extend their winning streak to six games. The bullpen melted down in Wednesday’s 8-4 loss, then CC Sabathia‘s strong start was wasted in Thursday’s 3-1 loss.
- A trip to Tampa was next, and the Yankees won the opener 4-1 behind Masahiro Tanaka. Michael Pineda got pounded by the Rays in Saturday’s 9-5 loss. The Yankees won 2-1 yesterday despite being held to one hit.
- Injury Updates: Alex Rodriguez (hamstring) was activated off the DL. Mark Teixeira (neck) received a cortisone shot a few days ago and is expected to return to the starting lineup today. Luis Severino (triceps) threw three scoreless innings in his first minor league rehab game. Chasen Shreve (shoulder) was placed on the 15-day DL with an AC joint sprain. Gary Sanchez (thumb) has a non-displaced fracture and will be re-evaluated in two weeks.
- The Yankees released Slade Heathcott and Deibinson Romero. The team is not planning to re-sign Heathcott to a minor league deal. Phil Coke remained in the organization after accepting an outright assignment to Triple-A. The Yankees claimed righty reliever Layne Somsen off waivers from the Reds.
- Carlos Beltran does not have a full no-trade clause, as it turns out. He has a limited no-trade clause that allows the Yankees to trade him to 14 teams without his consent.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.