2015 Season Record: 87-75 (764 RS, 698 RA, 88-74 pythag. record), lost wildcard game
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees made their first significant move of the offseason, trading John Ryan Murphy to the Twins for outfielder Aaron Hicks. They also sent Jose Pirela to the Padres for minor league righty Ronald Herrera.
- The Yankees are said to be “shopping everyone,” including Andrew Miller. The Diamondbacks inquired. They’ve also talked to the Mariners about Brett Gardner. The Yankees tried to buy low on Jurickson Profar and are planning to make a run at free agent Wei-Yin Chen. They are not planning to pursue Daniel Murphy because they want “more balance” at second base. Craig Kimbrel is off the board after being traded to the Red Sox.
- Brian Cashman said starting Greg Bird at Triple-A next season is “optimal.” A total of 17 players became minor league free agents last week, most notably Rico Noel and Diego Moreno.
- Brian McCann won the AL Silver Slugger at catcher. The Yankees do not have any major awards finalists and they didn’t win any Gold Gloves.
- Pitches and catchers are scheduled to report to Spring Training on February 18th.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
Given the team's current roster construction, farm system, management, etc., how confident are you in the Yankees' overall future?