Record Last Week: 4-3 (41 RS, 44 RA)
Spring Training Record: 5-7 (57 RS, 82 RA)
Schedule This Week: vs. Astros (Tues.), @ Phillies (Weds.), vs. Rays (Thurs.), @ Rays (Fri., split squad), vs. Tigers (Fri., split squad), @ Astros (Sat.), vs. Tigers (Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees traded the recently DFA’d Edwar Ramirez to Texas in exchange for cash considerations, and they also renewed the contracts of all 18 of their pre-arbitration eligible players. A total of eleven players were reassigned to minor league camp, most notably Kei Igawa and Andrew Brackman.
- Frankie Cervelli was cleared to play after being hit in the head with a pitch last weekend, but he’s now wearing one of those huge Rawlings S100 helmets.
- Mariano Rivera and Damaso Marte will appear in a game for the first time on Tuesday, with Chan Ho Park and his sore glute not far behind.
- The team might have to worry about CC Sabathia‘s recent workload, but at least Javy Vazquez is a different pitcher than he was during his first stint in pinstripes. Al Aceves and Sergio Mitre are making their case for a rotation spot while Joba Chamberlain might have to learn how to pitch with reduced velocity.
- The Yanks were favored to land Cuban shortstop Adeiny Hechevarria, but he’s instead headed to Toronto. They’re also interested in Dominican righty Carlos Matias.
- Assistant general manager Jean Afterman was honored as Woman of the Year, while Kevin Towers will be introduced as a special assistant to GM Brian Cashman this week. Farm director Mark Newman got busted for DUI.
- Derek Jeter and Mariano Rivera might get dragging into the Roger Clemens-Brian McNamee mess, and Dr. Galea reportedly treated Alex Rodriguez.
- The upper deck of the Old Stadium is on it’s way down, while the New Stadium will host the New Era Pinstripe Bowl on Dec. 20th.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.