Fan Confidence Poll: November 29th, 2010By
Season Record: 95-67 (859 RS, 693 RA, 98-64 Pythag. record), finished one game back in AL East, won Wild Card, lost in ALCS
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees offered arbitration to Javy Vazquez and no one else. He declined the offer, giving the team an extra draft pick, and is headed to the Marlins.
- After reports of a six-year, $150M demand were shot down, we learned that Derek Jeter is seeking four or five years at $23-24M. The Yankees are prepared to up their offer this week, but it looks like talks have taken a turn for the worst. At least they don’t have to worry about the Mets pursuing him.
- Mariano Rivera is seeking a two-year deal worth $18M per season. Neither Mo or Jeter has much leverage, however.
- The Yankees might be willing to make a CC Sabathia-level offer to Cliff Lee, but they haven’t done so yet. Talks are primed to heat up this week.
- Andy Pettitte is “leaning towards” pitching next season.
- The Yankees signed a trio of pitchers to minor league contracts: lefties Neal Cotts and Andy Sisco, plus righty Brian Anderson.
- Brian Cashman met with A.J. Burnett at his Maryland home to tell the righty that the team still has faith in him.
- Robbie Cano placed third in the AL MVP voting.
- Many businesses on 161st St. are still struggling.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
- 10 (very confident)
- 1 (no confidence)