Sorry folks, had some technical difficulties and lost DotF with four of the five games done. Going to bullet point it now…
- Triple-A Scranton beat Stephen Strasburg and Syracuse 3-2. Jesus Montero singled in the team’s third run of the game, giving Strasburg the first loss of his career. Rene Rivera took him deep, the first time anyone’s homer off Strasburg as a pro. Tim Redding was pretty bad in his first start since signing a minor league deal.
- Double-A Trenton beat New Hampshire 3-1 in the first game of their doubleheader. Austin Romine singled in a run, Brandon Laird doubled in two. Wilkin DeLaRosa allowed one hit in five innings during his spot start.
- Trenton dropped game two 7-0. Dan Brewer doubled, that’s about it.
- High-A Tampa beat Bradenton 7-3. Jack Rye hit a solo bomb while Addison Maruszak and Francisco Santana each doubled and combined to drive in five runs. Graham Stoneburner was filthy, allowing just a pair of hits, a walk and no runs against five strikeouts in seven innings of work.
- Low-A Charleston loss to Kannapolis 5-4. J.R Murphy went 0-for-4 and Jose Ramirez allowed three runs (one earned) in five innings of work.