RHP Luis Severino was included in today’s Prospect Watch at FanGraphs, so head on over for a few paragraphs on the 20-year-old right-hander. HE has a 1.89 ERA (2.39 FIP) with a 22/6 K/BB in 19 innings for Low-A Charleston this season. Baseball Reference says Severino is 1.8 years younger than the average player in the league.
Triple-A Scranton had a scheduled off-day.
Double-A Trenton was rained out. They’ll play a doubleheader tomorrow.
High-A Tampa (6-0 win over Dunedin)
- CF Jake Cave: 0-4, 1 K
- SS Brendan Ryan: 1-3, 1 R, 1 BB, 1 K — 4-for-14 (.286) in his four rehab games
- DH Eric Jagielo: 2-4, 1 R — had been in a 5-for-27 slump (.185)
- 3B Dante Bichette Jr.: 2-4, 1 R, 1 RBI — second straight two-hit game
- C Peter O’Brien: 1-4, 3 K
- 2B Angelo Gumbs: 1-3, 2 R, 1 RBI, 1 BB
- RHP Brett Gerritse: 6 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 0 K, 1 HB, 10/3 GB/FB
- LHP Tyler Webb: 2 IP, zeroes, 4/1 GB/FB — last year’s tenth rounder has a 65/9 K/BB in 48.1 pro innings
Low-A Charleston‘s game as suspended due to rain with two outs in the bottom of the first inning. Probably not the wisest decision to start the game, in hindsight. Anyway, they’ll complete the game as part of a doubleheader tomorrow. Here’s the box score if you can’t wait until then for the stats.