Dec

Fan Confidence Poll: December 14th, 2009

2009 Season Record: 103-59 (915 RS, 753 RA), won AL East by 8 games, finished with the best record in MLB by 6 games, won 27th World Series

Top stories from last week:

Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.

View Results
Categories : Polls

1. Andy in Sunny Daytona says:

Like Bo Derek with braids, I’m a 10.

2. PaaakmaaaN says:

I’m a 9 ’till we sign a LF/DH

3. MattG says:

The Granderson trade was perfect execution of Cashman’s vision. I haven’t gone to 10 yet, but I am starting to feel foolish when I click the radio button next to #9. Really, what more do I want?

4. Andy in Sunny Daytona says:

If the current trend of polling continues, the confidence level should be right around a 7 when Spring Training starts. Tough crowd.

• Mattingly's Love Child says:

The further removed from the WS, the less confident people are. Which is silly of course. But most people don’t really think about the Yankees this time of year as much as some of the regulars here.

I was almost up to a 10 from a 9, but not yet. I wanna see how the DH and pitching markets shape up. I really like the Granderson trade, didn’t give up too much, got younger, and better. Worst case scenario they have Granderson replacing Damon (younger, better defense, offense not too different) and most of a solid core from last year.

• YankFan says:

Especially since the worst player may be only league avg. How could you not vote 10. Even if you were not a 10, please take a look at the competition in the AL.

5. CountryClub says:

I had been a 9 for at least the last year, until a few weeks ago when I dropped to an 8. But signing Andy and trading for Granderson has me back up to a 9.

6. Rose says:

Confidence Level: 8

As of right now our team is much worse than last year…but the fact that they’re agressively making moves to get better keeps the confidence level up. Melky/Gardner in LF with no DH and Joba/Hughes as the #4 and 5 right now brings it down…but Granderson, Pettitte returning, as well as constant talks with free agents to fill holes makes me happy.

7. V says:

How confident am I that the Yankees will win ANOTHER World Series in 2009?

….

10, bay-bee! Duffman! Oh, yeah!

8. Evil Empire says:

I wish the fan confidence poll would allow me to either vote a level of 11 or 28. Either one would be acceptable, and more accurately depict my sentiments.

9. hakeem "single celled organism" says:

I think I’m a seven, at most eight. Andy returning was great but I personally don’t think he will be as succesful during the regular season as last year. How clutch can granderson be? Johnny and hideki were clutch players. I still think we need a bat and for a 10 then a Halliday.

10. Positives:
    Granderson
    Pettitte
    Wang non-tender

Negatives:
    LF situation
    DH situation
    SP depth beyond Gaudin

Nine.

11. Reggie C. says:

If Cashman’s interest in bringing Ben Sheets onboard is real, I guess we’ll start seeing more Sheets-Yanks rumors this week as the talks start leaking. I’d find that awesome and yet troubling. Aside from the what-of-Hughes talk, bringing Sheets onboard would create one heck of a rotation.

Keep me entertained Cash!

12. JobaWockeeZ says:

For the first time in ages I’m a 9 just because I have some concerns that a rotation DH might be used…

If either one of Johnny or Matsui comes back then I have no doubt this team has the best chance of winning it all again.

13. Jake H says:

9. A ninja move by Cash to get Granderson. Andy coming back to make the rotation solid. Lots of confidence.

14. Bob Stone says:

I am at a confidence level of 9 again this week. Good moves with Andy, Wang and Granderson. I still hope the Yanks sign Matsui and Damon with resonable deals (if not reasonable. let ‘em walk).

It’s basically the same team that won it all this year, so what’s not to be confident about? The management and farm system is the same (less Coke, IPK and AJax plus a few pickups). Wang was a non-factor last year and now will be no factor.

What’s not to like? I have a hard time understanding anyone voting less than an eight at this point.

15. Sal says:

How about Jermane Dye for RF/DH? Right handed power, good defense, strong arm?

16. AndrewYF says:

When are we going to get a fancy chart showing week-by-week results of fan confidence? You could keep it on the left side of the page and update it at the end of every poll.

17. thurdonpaul says:

im almost at a 10…i would say im at 9.7 , i cant give them a 10 because of LF/DH. also small pitching concerns.
    ill vote 9, for now

• Angelo says:

That sounds really funny. The Yankees getting a good LF/DH is only a “0.3″ increase in confidence for you. I vote an 8 because the future of the team will look very interesting a few years from now as it currently stands. As for my confidence in the team going into next season, well then I’d vote a 9. 10 would mean this team is perfect and this team is not perfect.

18. Mike HC says:

Cashman is the man. I can’t help but have complete faith in him. 10 all the way.

19. Mike HC says:

Hey RAB, at some point you should do a fan confidence poll analysis article. And go over what the circumstances were surrounding the valleys and peaks. Not sure what the best time for that would be. Maybe during Spring Training or something. Just an idea.

20. Dax J. says:

Hey, I just read in MLBTR that Buster Olney mentions the Yanks as a possible destination for Brian Giles. Is there any truth to this? Do you guys think he’s a player worth a look?

21. Evil Empire says:

OMG BOSOX MIGHT SIGN LACKEY!!!

Is it too late to change my confidence level to 0?