Record Last Week: 2-3 (13 RS, 16 RA)
Season Record: 57-53 (420 RS, 431 RA, 54-56 pythag. record), 9.5 GB ALE/4.5 GB WC
Opponents This Week: @ White Sox (three games, Mon. to Weds.), Thurs. OFF, vs. Tigers (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with an off-day, then the Yankees suffered a walk-off loss in their series opener against the Dodgers. Hiroki Kuroda salvaged the two-game series by beating Clayton Kershaw on Wednesday.
- Following another off-day, the Bombers headed to San Diego for a three-game weekend set. CC Sabathia got hammered in the opening loss, then Curtis Granderson and Ivan Nova teamed up to give the team a win in the middle game. Phil Hughes got smacked around in yesterday’s loss.
- Injury Updates: Alex Rodriguez (quad) played in two minor league rehab games and is ready to be activated. Derek Jeter (calf) is day-to-day with a Grade I strain. David Phelps (elbow) is out with soreness and is heading for tests. Michael Pineda (shoulder) is headed for tests after leaving a Triple-A start with stiffness. Frankie Cervelli (hand, elbow) is likely done for the year with lingering pain. David Robertson (arm) was unavailable for a few days due to fatigue but has since returned.
- The Yankees did not make a single move prior to Wednesday’s trade deadline, but they did make a run at both Michael Young and Carlos Ruiz. They also had their eye on Alberto Callaspo. Two offers were made for Phil Hughes.
- MLB will officially suspend A-Rod for the rest of this season and all of next season today. He reportedly reached out to the Yankees to discuss a possible buyout after suggesting the team and the league were conspiring to keep him off the field. Cervelli is “leaning strongly” towards accepting a plea deal.
- Melky Mesa was sent down to Triple-A Scranton to clear a roster spot for Granderson, who was activated on Friday. David Adams went down for Jayson Nix, who was activated Tuesday.
- The Yankees signed Dominican outfielder Leonardo Molina for $1.4M.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.