- LHP Phil Coke has been placed on the Triple-A Scranton DL, according to Shane Hennigan. He hurt his ankle during Sunday’s start. RHP Mark Montgomery has been moved up from Double-A Trenton to fill the roster spot.
- C Gary Sanchez, who is still out with a fractured thumb, took ground balls at first base today, according to Hennigan. There’s no reason not to have him work out there since Mark Teixeira will be out a while. Sanchez has some first base experience in winter ball.
- Brendan Kuty recently spoke to minor league hitting coordinator James Rowson about SS Kyle Holder. “He’s learned to be approach-oriented, so he doesn’t live and die with every at-bat. He understands that it’s a process,” said Rowson.
- RHP Cody Carroll, RHP Andrew Schwaab, and RHP Daris Vargas have been named to the Low-A South Atlanta League All-Star Game, so congrats to them. Here are the North and South rosters. The game will be played on Tuesday, June 21st. That’s two weeks from today.
- And finally, OF Jeff Hendrix has been named the Low-A South Atlantic League Offensive Player of the Week. Congrats to him.
Triple-A Scranton (11-10 win over Charlotte, walk-off style)
- CF Ben Gamel: 2-4, 2 R, 2 BB, 1 K — that’s four multi-hit games in his last six games overall
- RF Aaron Judge: 3-5, 2 R, 1 RBI, 1 BB — 9-for-19 (.474) since the ugly 0-for-24 slump
- LF Jake Cave: 2-5, 1 R, 1 2B, 2 RBI, 1 BB — drew the walk-off walk
- 1B Tyler Austin: 3-4, 1 R, 1 2B, 3 RBI, 1 BB, 1 K — 6-for-14 (.429) with two doubles and a homer in four games since the promotion
- DH Nick Swisher: 2-3, 2 RBI, 2 BB
- C Kyle Higashioka: 4-5, 2 R, 1 HR, 1 RBI — 12-for-31 (.387) with two doubles and three homers in eight games since the promotion … Sanchez is going to come back and their offense is going to get worse!
- LHP Tyler Webb: 4 IP, 6 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 3 BB, 5 K, 5/2 GB/FB — 53 of 85 pitches were strikes (62%) … third straight outing of four innings or more … he’d never done it before this little streak
- RHP Conor Mullee: 1.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K, 2/2 GB/FB — 13 of 21 pitches were strikes (62%)
- RHP Mark Montgomery: