Fan Confidence Poll: July 12th, 2010By
Record Last Week: 6-1 (33 RS, 12 RA)
Season Record: 56-32 (469 RS, 352 RA, 56-32 Pythag. record), 2.0 games up
Schedule This Week: Mon. to Thurs. OFF (All Star break), vs. Rays (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- Traveling to the west coast for the final time this season, Javy Vazquez started the road trip with a win. Alex Rodriguez slammed the Yankees to victory the next day, and A.J. Burnett helped complete the sweep on Wednesday.
- The Yankees headed to Seattle next, and A-Rod stuck it to his old team with a two-run single late in the game. Phil Hughes dominated the Mariners for another win the next day, but Joba Chamberlain ended the winning streak on Saturday. CC Sabathia shut the door yesterday and sent the Yanks into the All Star break with a win.
- Injury Zone: Al Aceves suffered a setback and Mariano Rivera withdrew from the All Star Game citing nagging injuries. Nick Johnson felt pain in his surgically repaired wrist.
- The Yanks were on the verge of acquiring Cliff Lee in exchange for a package led by Jesus Montero on Thursday, but Seattle backed out at the last minute and instead traded him to the Rangers. Montero then went out and homered in his first game after the non-trade.
- The Yanks are monitoring A’s reliever Michael Wuertz and are still looking for bench help. They did, however, sign Chad Tracy to a minor league deal.
- Robbie Cano was set to participate in the Homerun Derby, but had to withdraw because of a minor back issue. Nick Swisher won the Final Vote and will also take his hacks in the Derby. Andy Pettitte replaced the injured Clay Buchholz on the All Star roster.
- The Yanks signed Colombian catcher Alfredo Castellon.
- Bob Sheppard passed away at age 99.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.