Record Last Week: 5-2 (36 RS, 19 RA)
Season Record: 35-22 (314 RS, 228 RA, 37-20 Pythag. record), 2.0 games back
Schedule This Week: Monday OFF, @ Orioles (three games, Tues. to Thurs.), vs. Astros (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started off with the final game of a wrap around series against the Indians, which the Yanks won thanks to another Alex Rodriguez grand slam following a Mark Teixeira walk.
- With last place Cleveland heading out, the Yanks welcomed the last place Orioles to the Bronx. Javy Vazquez dominated in the opener, the bats pounded O’s pitching the next day, and then CC Sabathia led the team to the sweep on Thursday.
- Once the Yanks were done with Baltimore, they headed north to Toronto to play the Blue Jays for the first time in the 2010 season. Former Jay A.J. Burnett got smacked around in the first game, then Toronto walked off with a win in extra innings the next day. Thankfully the Yanks came back to avoid the sweep yesterday.
- Injury Zone: Derek Jeter left Monday’s game after being hit by a pitch, and Mark Teixeira left Tuesday’s game after fouling a ball of his foot. Neither player missed any time. After hints all week, Jorge Posada returned to from the disabled list strictly as a DH for the time beind. Alex Rodriguez left Sunday’s game with a sore groin, but he’s expected to be in the lineup on Tuesday.
- The Mariners designate former Yankee farmhand Kanekoa Texiera for assignment, but the Royals claimed him off waivers before the Yanks had a chance to bring their Rule 5 Draft loss back. The Yankees lost Shane Lindsay to the Indians on waivers.
- The Yanks are among several teams interested in teenage Mexican righty Luis Heredia.
- Pitching coach Dave Eiland is on an indefinite leave of absence to deal with some family issues.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.